13 June 2006

Good for anything?

"You are the salt of the earth; but if salt has lost its taste, how can its saltiness be restored? It is no longer good for anything, but is thrown out and trampled under foot." --Matthew 5:13-16

Am I good for anything any more? I'm still stuck in the doldrums of yesterday. This morning, I still had a bitter attitude toward some things and people and I let it show. I let it show so much that someone asked me if it was her fault that I was sour and bitter. Have I lost my taste? How can my saltiness be restored?

I'm not the same person I was two years ago. Sure, we all change, grow, mature but I wonder if there's something missing from my life now. Why has my saltiness gone? Why is my attitude so poor?

The standard Sunday School answer to "how can my saltiness be restored," is, of course, Jesus. I pray that he'll show me how to do this soon. Or, better yet, He'll just restore it for me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home