27 April 2004

*blinkblink*

Okay, so maybe my exuberance of earlier was a little premature. After a straight 8 hours of configuring my new laptop, I am suffering from some serious eyestrain. It's good to look away from the screen every once in a while.

The transfer of files went pretty seamlessly. In an effort to be thorough, I synched my Palm as well as importing a .pst from my old computer's Outlook program. Got doubles of just about everything, except e-mail. Ah well, gives me an excuse to purge some of my old contacts that I don't necessarily need anymore. However, the good news about all that is that the T3 synchs up pretty well with the new machine; that is, I did it right. :-)

My good friend Ty's 8600 plays Enemy Territory pretty well, so he says. I'm having a bit of a problem with my home network staying active long enough for me to get the full version of the file. I'll try a bit later downstairs, closer to the wireless beacon.

On a "lighter" note, it's crash diet time. When I went to CHOBC almost two years ago, I dropped almost 20 pounds in 10 days. I'm trying to pull that off again. Yeah, yeah, yeah...I know, it's not too healthy. But neither is carrying around 250+ pounds on a 6'1" frame. The good news is that I should be able to keep it off, given my activities of the upcoming year. The stakes aren't as high this time around either. Last time, if I didn't do it, I would have gone home. No such luck this time. If I'm heavy, they'll take me anyway and remedy the situation.

Okay, enough staring at this screen. Time to put this thing away and get on to something completely different.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home