27 January 2007

More from NTC

Got a few more minutes to post some more pictures from NTC


The first photo is where I hang my helmet. This is my corner in the Tactical Operations Center (TOC). As this is the only place with reliable power and NIPR (internet) access, it's a great place to set up also because it's right next to the coffee pot. I get lots of traffic by my workstation. As you can see, I don't go anywhere without my laptop, there's my bottle of Coke to keep me awake, plus the general mess that goes with my office no matter where I go.


Next we have my second home, what serves as a chapel here at NTC. I call it "Warrior Chapel" but the name hasn't quite stuck yet. It's a small tent, called a "GP Small," GP stands for "General Purpose" so that it can be used for a command post, sleeping tent, or even a chapel. We're located right by the other Company command posts and it's a dusty place to worship, but it's ours. It also gives people a place for some quiet time, prayer, or counseling.



Finally, here's what it lookis like inside. Just a small table, an understated cross, a make-shift linen which is really a chausible. Like the tent name says, GP SMALL! We can sit 32 in there, but it's not comfortable.

But, it's church. Some of you who have been to camps with me will remember that "the church is not a building where people go to pray, it's not made out of clay...the church it is the people, living out their lives, called, enlightened, sanctified for the work of Jesus Christ. WE are the church, the body of our Lord. We are all His people; we have been restored!" It doesn't matter what the space looks like, the thing that makes church church is the people there to celebrate the resurrection of Jesus Christ. It's a place for tired Log Warriors to come and be renewed and restored.
That's all I have time for today, I'll have a little more tomorrow.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home