04 May 2005

Kiss the Son

Psalm 2:12
"Kiss the Son, lest he be angry
and you be destroyed in your way,
for his wrath can flare up in a moment.
Blessed are all who take refuge in him."

Is Jesus mad at me? It's been a while since I've kissed Him. Oh, I've seen Him, heard Him, talked about Him, preached Him, prayed in His name, and such. But when's the last time I kissed Him? Full on the mouth, embracing, clinging, hanging, unabashedly, in an obvious instance of PDA (and that's not a Palm Pilot!)? When's the last time I've done this? Is Jesus mad at me? Not angry in a fire and brimstone way; angry in a way that just looks at me as if to say, "I am disappointed in you."

The past few weeks, I have felt as though I were under attack. I'm becoming "refocused" by some of my leaders. My plate is getting more and more full. Be that as it may, where I have I gone for help? Where I have I turned my eyes in a search for hope.

In recent times where I sure could have used a hug, did I kiss the Son? Did I even kiss my wife? "Blessed are all who take refuge in him." I have left my high ground, my refuge, my strength. It's time to come home, spend time with Jesus, kiss him, embrace him, love him, and rest. Here I come, Savior. Give me hope.

1 Comments:

Blogger Kris said...

I read your blog and a song popped into my head...not sure who sings it but it states..."I'll take you back, Always, even when my fight is over now, even when my fight is over now...I'll take you back.." it reminds me that no matter what we do, or how we disappoint the Lord, He takes us back over and over again....ultimate forgiveness!Peace of God be with you,
Kris

11:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home