19 January 2005

Resolute in my Decisions!

I am a HUGE procrastinator! It has manifest itself in the fact that I am just now making my New Year's Resolution. Yeah, I know, it's January 19th, bear with me.

Here's what I am resolving to do:
  • 30 min. daily spent in God's Word.
  • Bike 2000+ miles.
  • Lose 20 pounds (this has been on the list for a number of years).
  • Complete a duathlon.
  • Complete a triathlon.
  • Cut my household debt in half (I'd tell you what that figure is, but I'm too embarrassed.)
So, that's it. Pretty simple and cookie-cutter, I know, but these are the things about my life that I'm not satisfied with. These are things that are really getting in the way of where I see myself going and where I think that God is leading me.

I made these on Sunday and I have started on my way for many of them. I tried to swim on Tuesday, which is funny because I haven't ever swam competitively. Now, obviously, I didn't drown because I am writing this. But, what was listed as a "15 min. swim" on my schedule was actually 10 x 1.5 min. swims. It was amazing how hard that was.

Anyway, I'll document my progress here. I also hope that this increased activity will kind of blow up the log jam that I'm feeling in my spiritual life. Let's hope for the best!

1 Comments:

Blogger Kris said...

I wish luck on your news year's resolution, this is my first year making them and I have already gone off the path because there dosn't ever seem to be enough time in the day to complete everything I need to get done in this busy semester. I pray that we can both stay focused on what is really important and that is the love of God and coming to him daily.
Have a great day!
God Bless,
Kristy

11:57 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home