25 December 2004

Merry Christmas

Blessed Christmas, y'all! (I just had to say it that way.)

Last night we watched that perennial Christmas Classic: Love Actually. It's a great date film (a.k.a. Chick Flick). However, one of the things that I noticed about the film, something that I really admired, is that each character, in his/her own way, took a risk. And, each person, in his/ her own way was rewarded for it. Just the stuff of movies? Maybe...but something that struck a chord with me. To take a chance, to risk greatly, and to be rewarded in a way that one maybe didn't expect. It's interesting.

As I posted here a while ago, I went home to Iowa last week. My family still all lives in the area, and that's fine, for them. For me, I want more of a risk to my life. Not that I expect it to always turn out like I had planned, but so that I can see the blessing that is behind it. The risks, chances, choices, that I make and take are all great adventures for me that I am able to have all the time. I guess what I am saying is that each chance that we take has its own reward if we are willing to look for it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home