15 July 2005

Relaxed and Recharged

Yep, like the title says, I am relaxed and recharged. Now if I could just wake up!

Last week, Sara and I went to Fort Robinson, Nebraska for her family's reunion. How's this for a travel day: wake up at 4:30 am so that we can catch a shuttle to the Atlanta Airport at 5:30 am. Catch our 2.5 hour flight to Denver at 9:00 am. Nathan and Christi and Jackson pick us up at the Denver Airport. We then drive another 3 hours or so to Sidney, Nebraska, where Nathan and Sara lived for 10 years. From there we drive another 3 hours or so to Ft. Robinson and arrive there about 6:00 pm Mountain Standard Time, which is 8:00 pm Eastern (my) time. We find Sara's parents, get our stuff moved in, and visit for a while. At 9:00 pm MST, I can't understand why my eyes won't stay open. Then I do the math: I've been going for 19 hours+ now. Needless to say, I crashed...only to have my Army training kick in and wake me up at 5:30 am local time.

Not to worry, my body adjusted to the change in time really well. By Tuesday, I was in the zone and used to Mountain time. Did I mention we drove back to Colorado Springs on Tuesday? I got acclimated just in time to leave. We drove back on Tuesday to stay with Christi's family in CO Springs and then flew home Wednesday.

My sleep patterns are still on Mountain Time; I stayed up til midnight last night. Needless to say, it makes it very difficult to wake up at 4:30 in the morning when one stays up that late.

You know what? I think I need a vacation!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home