22 January 2009

Missing My Mistress

Exactly four months ago, I left my mistress and returned to my wife. While I was in Iraq, I had a relationship. It started innocently enough with just short meetings maybe once or twice a week but neither of us could know how we would feel about each other. Eventually, we saw each other more and more and for longer and longer times. The next thing I knew, I was seeing my mistress each and every day. I was rearranging my schedule and shunning my friends just to spend more and more time with my mistress.

But all of that changed when I got back to the States. I left her in Iraq and haven't really looked back.

Before some you gather the torches and pitchforks, let me name my mistress: her name is running and I'm starting to miss her.

In the desert, a person HAS to find something to fill the time. I didn't have any idea about how much time I spent with my wife, with friends, surfing the internet, watching youtube, and all the rest of the things that I just did. Most of those things were gone and I needed something. So, I got back into running and I got into it HARD.

Then, miraculous things started to happen. I had more energy. I lost weight. I got faster. I felt better physically, mentally...maybe even spiritually. My mental self-image improved. I started to dream and plan and think positively about myself and my future. "She" awakened in me a lot of things that I left far behind me.

But I left her in the desert. She got replaced with beer, fast food, and sleeping in with my wife. Time is now spent trying to "catch up" on the 15 months of pop-culture and general American life that I have missed. As a more experienced chaplain pointed out, that's never going to happen. In some respects, those 15 months are a void and an empty spot that will never be filled...ever.

And now I'm missing her. Maybe I'll look for her again. I hope my wife doesn't mind.

4 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Yes, go...go now & find your unrequited love!

3:21 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

3:22 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Yes, go...go now & find your unrequited love!

3:22 AM  
Blogger Wholsome said...

I married and wanted out barely 1yr in marriage,my husband never got it over with his ex.He developed a strange attitude towards me and kept silent on most issues hitting our marriage and constantly acts in secret. Luckily i was introduced to a cyber genius''hackingloop6@ gmail . co m''who hacked his phone and gained me remote access to all his phone activities and exposed all he was doing behind me with his ex..At most points i think it worths staying single and doing just fine.

12:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home