29 April 2004

Tempted by the warm air wafting in through the bedroom window this morning, I laced up my running shoes and headed out for a morning run. The endorphins must have set in early because I actually enjoyed it. I was looking forward to a 20 minute jaunt, hot shower after, fresh cup of coffee and it would be a great day.

Yeah, right.

My 32 year-old, falling apart, 250 pound-carrying knees didn't quite cooperate. It's not that I'm really out of shape; most people can't believe that I weigh as much as I do. I do have a pretty muscular physique to go with my weight. Sure, if I had a flat, there'd be a spare tire available for use, but still. I think part of it is my shoes, but the bigger part is my gut. Anyway, I made it about 15 minutes and then had to make the "walk of shame" back to home.

At least the shower was hot and the coffee was good.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home