18 October 2004

Some Thoughts

When I was just a wee lad (instead of a lard lad), I used to write all the time and more than just the news of my day. I had a chance to ride my bicycle today for the first time and I want to put some thoughts up here before they get away. Please bear with me.

Racing the Night

Heading out with the orange streamers streaking the sky, I realize that night is coming and I have so little time. Legs pumping, heart jumping, head thumping as I race the clock in front of me. One more mile, a few more minutes, just a bit more until the night comes. Give me the strength to do just a little more, to spend a little more energy before the night and the cold winter that comes closer tomorrow. Speeding along the bumpy backroads, I am racing the night; hoping to finish before the stars appear and work is through.

Heading out as the hourglass slowly drops its sands. Time is running out; the day is fast drawing to a close. Heart racing, feet bracing, words gracing the people who we meet as the Sun slowly wanes and a time of Rest is near. One more person, a few more minutes, just a bit more of the Work before Night comes. Give me the strength and the courage to do just a bit more before the sunset. Speeding along life's bumpy backroads, we are racing the Night; hoping to finish before the Dawn reveals the true results of our Work.

*shrug* For what it's worth. Thanks for reading the ramblings of a guy doped up on antibiotics.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home