20 October 2004

We do more before nine o'clock this morning...

I still remember that line from a recruiting commercial for the Army from many, many years ago. Today, I'll bet it's true.

Started at 0100 (1:00 a.m. for those who don't do military time) with a final road march for C Company. They have wrapped up their FTX and will graduate about 175 Infantrymen next week. It was a 7.5 mile trek that came in from a completely different area, which was a welcome change of scenery. Our little stroll took us about three and a half hours to complete. 0500 brought a Crossed Rifles Ceremony where these 175 were welcomed into the ranks of the Infantry. Usually, that would be enough but not today.

0545 brought the visit of the Deputy Commanding General for Ft. Benning to our Battalion area for a PT session with B Company. It was a three mile company run that wrapped up around 0630. So, not more than an hour after completing a 7.5 mile road march, I went on a three mile run as well.

Needless to say, I am willing to wager that I did more before most of you were awake than you'll do all day. The crazy thing is: I loved every minute of it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home