20 July 2005

I am Guppy Plains

Huh?

It's just something that came up while I was attempting to golf yesterday. I figured the opposite of a Tiger would be a guppy and the opposite of Woods is Plains. I am the anti-Tiger Woods.

I shot a 58 yesterday. It's the same score I shot when I first started golfing eight years ago. I know I could get better if I spent the time (and money) for lessons and maybe some new equipment, but I'm not sure I want to.

Yesterday, I came home drenched in sweat having walked about 2.5 miles toting 20 lbs. of equipment and not happy. I spent 2 hours spoiling a good walk, to paraphase Mark Twain.

While I was driving home, I realized that I didn't even feel like I had had a good workout. I wasn't happy; I didn't have fun; why do it. So, I think I am done golfing for a while. I'm not good at it; it's not fun; I don't want to spend the time getting better. The clubs will go in the closet and stay there for a while.

End of story.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home