01 May 2004

Good Friends, Good Times

Today Sara and I fulfilled our Friday ritual of going down to Cedarburg for coffee and fun. Usually, Ty and I take off for a hour bike ride and Denys and Sara head to Cedarburg Roastery for coffee and conversation...and chasing after Bryan and Zachary. Well, 45 degree temperatures and 10 mph winds don't make for great biking conditions, so we all went to get coffee and have some good conversation.

After that, it was over to Mayfair Mall for a little shopping for the women and more chasing after the boys for the men. After lunch we parted ways. More shopping for the gals; back home for the boys, where Ty and I played duelling Dell Inspiron 8600's, swapping files and showing each other great things on the the internet. It was a techno-geek's paradise!

When the ladies got back, they spent the time constructing some really delicious cakes. I got a chance to fulfill my "unclely" duties by teaching the boys some bad habits. Tonight's bad habit: licking the beaters after mixing cake batter. Zach's just a bit young for this lesson, but Bryan dove right in. Took a little bit of practice to get his tongue to go where he wanted it but, in the end, the beater was cleaner and Bryan's face was dirtier. Mission accomplished!

Days like today are some of the things that I am going to miss the most about being gone for a year. But, weird as it may sound, I believe that it's because I am willing to go and do what I do, that we can enjoy days like toda

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home