12 July 2004

Legal Stimulants and Free Internet

Hallelujah!! After over TWO MONTHS without too much internet action and very little decent coffee, I have found a place for both. Click the title to see what has great potential to be my new hangout. I was tuned into this place by a site called FreeWiFiSpot.com. It's a collection of places throughout the country that offer free wireless internet connectivity. Some are hotels, some are libraries, there's one at the Milwaukee Ale House! (Ty and I still don't know how we missed that one!) I happen to be sitting at the Fountain City Coffee House here in "Uptown" Columbus, GA.

I came for the free internet, but I have stayed for the coffee. Their house blend is pretty dark and a tad bitter for my tastes; it upsets my stomach. However, the Kona blend that I am sipping now is pretty good. Large coffee is $1.75 with half-price refills. The classic blues song, "It's Not Easy Being Green" by Kermit the Frog/ Jim Henson is playing on the sound system. Tomorrow night, they have a movie playing at 9:00. It's one of my all-time faves Monty Python and the Holy Grail. It sounds like they set up a white bed sheet, a computer with DVD player, and a portable projector and watch it outside. Too bad it starts WAY after my bed time, although the coffee would help...NO! I can't do it. Interesting musical transition: we've gone from Kermit to the Beastie Boys. Gotta say I didn't see that one coming.

This is an upscale version of your classic college coffee dive; nice marble tables, matching chairs, clean floors, decorating theme, track lighting, and budding artists with their work on the walls. We're just down the street from Columbus State University, so there are a few students here, although more than one person has a high and tight haircut like mine. Although, those have pretty well thinned out by 2000 hours. Did I mention that they had free wireless internet here? Oh yeah, you figured that out because I am posting whilst my Kona grows cold. Gotta slam it down and get home. I still have work to do for tomorrow...unfortunately. And Captain Krieger is gonna be waiting for me at 0600.

You will be hearing more from me about this place...trust me!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home