02 May 2004

My Second Love

I have been really conflicted over my year-long commitment to the Army. I am honored to serve my country, yet I know that I am called to youth ministry at St. Paul. As I tried to put this into words, I thought of the words of Revelation 2:4, "I have this against you: you have forgotten your first love." My first love is serving my Savior in his Church and connecting kids to Christ. I can't forget this.

But, my second love is my country. I am so thankful to live in a country where I can boldly proclaim the truth of Jesus Christ. I am thankful to be able to write what I want and post it on this blog. To me, words like loyalty, Duty, Respect, Service, Honor, Integrity, and Courage mean something, in fact they mean almost everything to me. These aren't just abstract, archaic words; these are concepts that I want to be part of my character, that I strive to live each and every day of my life.

I feel very honored that I am able to serve my country over this next year. I'm very humbled to be a part of a congregation that will give me the time necessary to do that. Serving my Savior Jesus in their midst is my first love and I won't forget it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home