14 August 2004

Movie Review System

My carreer as a movie critic is growing! I got an e-mail from Gary who told me that he adjusts his viewing based on my reviews! Woo Hoo! Maybe I should consider a carreer change? Nah...Gary would probably tell me, "Don't quit your day job." Not to worry; the Army won't let me leave too soon.

Since Gary and others are reading my reviews intently, I figured it was time to develop a grading scale. Mine's simple. While I love movies, I HATE paying almost $8 to see them. So, nothing irks me more than paying $8 to see a real dog of a movie. So, with my frugal nature in mind, I'll be rating movies into three categories.

The best movies are "Full-Pricers." These are the instant classics that are worth the 8 bones to see when they first run. The next group are the "Matinees." These are movies that are worth seeing when they first run but you definitely don't want to pay full price for them. The last group are "Videos." These are the movies that I go back the ticket counter and try to get my money back because I should have waited until it came out on video. So, it's really simple but there is some gray area. Each of you can make up your own mind. This is just the way I'm doing it. That being said, lemme give my reviews for the two movies that I saw this weekend.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home