01 August 2005

The Importance of a Mentor

This morning was fun! Brad Niemeyer and Jocelyn Hayes were playing some guitar during free time this morning, so I picked up a guitar and started joining with them. Man, they have some serious skills. It was hard to keep up with them but it was good to be challenged to keep up with them.

Man, is that like our walk with Christ, or what? It can be challenging and embarrassing to admit that we need help with this part of our life. It's difficult to admit that our walk is suffering or that we can't walk as fast or as far as someone else.

Last night, at the Point for devo's, I realized that I didn't need it anymore because I can take it with me. So many people say, "I love going to the point because I need that time to feel close to God." I don't. I've learned that God is with me where I am; He doesn't wait for me to come to where he is. Maybe you haven't gotten this far in your walk with Christ. As my good friend, Jeff Schanze, and I say, "Some people are at different places in their Christian walk." But, I hope that you will get to that point where you know that God is with you wherever you go and most times, we just have to be quiet and let God be God and get out of the way.

Excelsior!

2 Comments:

Blogger Kris said...

Hello,
It sounds like camp was a lot of fun, but missing a little passion. I remember going to the camp as a child and then heading back there as a senior in college...the cabins didn't seem so big and the walk to the point not so long. I'm glad that people like Jocelyn have the power and the guidance from Christ to lead people in music, in worship, I love just have the opportunity to listen to them practice. I want to thank you for taking the time to share different points of camp (as much as I wanted to be there this year, I didn't make it up to join my friends)
So many times I think all of us forget that no matter where we are the Spirit of the Lord is with us and we are not alone, the thoughts we think at church or around other people aren't the only times God hears us....He knows us frontward and backwards, inside and out. How great is it for us to know that there is one who knows us better than ourselves. There is one we can not hide from, one that knows that we aren’t always honest even with ourselves. Thank you for your writings.
May God Continue To Bless You,
~Kris

11:20 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

any telefone to contact Jeff? im an old friend of his...could u reply me at cyberajith@yahoo.com?

4:23 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home